Searching for your home on the south shore can be fun and stressful at the same time.
Especially if you have to sell you current home simultaneously. You're touring homes with your agent and fall in love with the open floor plan and bright spacious kitchen... before you know it, your agent is drafting up an offer. Our Realtor's would press pause and ask you to consider all of the details, by performing your due diligence, bring in a licensed home inspector and confirm that this home truly meets your needs.
Remember what our parents would say... "haste makes waste."
Yes. Time is of the essence in this low inventory market, when property moves like lightning. We advice that you take the time to process everything and make sure this is a good fit for you & your family and that you're not shooting from the hip.
When you & your agent are out touring property or dropping by open house events, what are you seeking beyond the stainless steel kitchen and granite counter tops?
Here's some tips:
- Is the home move-in ready or do you see repairs and upgrade that are needed?
- Does the community offer and does it meet your family's needs?... like being close to work, schools, playground & parks, sport programs, gym, house of worship, shopping, etc.
- What is the size of the lot, does it offer privacy, is the yard fenced for your kids & pets?
- How many vehicles fit in the driveway & garage?
- Does the rooms accommodate your furniture or would you need t buy new furniture?
- How many bedrooms, bathrooms and closets do you really need?
Don't get caught-up in the excitement of the brand new features of the property. Do your homework and have a list of your wants and needs... So you can stay focused and make the best decision for your family.
We can help you find that perfect home that will suite you & your Family. Connect with our team today.
- Peter Kenney, President of Real Estate Door - Serving the South Shore, MA